When evaluating new technology, one of the biggest hurdles to the switch is the anticipation of a painful transition process. A dedicated project manager (PM) is the linchpin for successful client onboarding as they bring both the tools and skills to implement your complex project.
It is their job to ensure your needs are understood and met. Whatever the size of a project, a dedicated project manager is essential to shepherding it to fruition.
The PM’s overall goal is to get each project onboarded quickly, completely, and professionally to establish a long-term and mutually valuable relationship.
At IntelliShift, we’ve created a systematic, strategic workflow each PM follows for new clients. As a client’s direct point-of-contact during the onboarding phase, the PM is essential to help them realize short and long-term objectives. Our PMs are skilled at uncovering needs that may not have been apparent at kick-off and addressing them accordingly. Because our solution is configured to each client’s needs, the PM spends time ensuring our platform is tailored and scalable to their three-to-five-year roadmap.
We guarantee a client-first promise with these critical steps:
- Introduction from Account Manager: The account manager will introduce the onboarding team to the client — an important step to set the tone for the project and to establish team structure, check-in schedules, and the appropriate client contact to reach out to when questions arise. Cementing a relationship with open, consistent communication and a dedicated team plays a significant role in client success.
- Kick-Off Meeting (account manager and client): A kick-off meeting with the account manager is scheduled to review the Master Service Agreement (MSA) to get everyone in sync before executing the project. A kick-off call is essential, so both the client and the project team have the same understanding of project goals and milestones.
- Project Plan: A plan typically contains a project purpose, objectives, success criteria, summary milestone schedule, and final project approval. The client will then approve the project plan before the project starts.
- Project Initiation: The onboarding team completes a composite client document at the start of every project and reviews it internally to ensure the entire team understands and meets the client’s specific needs. Additionally, a project contact list is created, identifying key stakeholders on both teams.
- Configuring Our Solution to Client Needs: Next begins the installation and configuration phase of the client’s instance of the IntelliShift platform. This step includes tailoring our unified solution to a client’s specific needs with the set-up of alerts, reports, forms, and dashboards. Once the client instance is ready and tested, we conduct training. Lastly, we ensure the client has a complete understanding of their IntelliShift instance.
IntelliShift’s Customer Success and Onboarding teams deliver exceptional client service by identifying and meeting their operational needs to drive long-term business growth.